The Big Help
is Nickelodeon’s newest pro-social campaign with the mission of engaging kids to make a difference in the world by moving their bodies, minds, communities, and planet. It connects kids to resources, organizations, information, as well as other kids. To learn more and get involved, visit www.thebighelp.com
Nickelodeon Suites Resort
has joined this mission and is taking on 4 issues that are a prevalent part of kids lives today: The Environment, Health and Wellness, Education and Community. Here you can learn more about what we are doing to help support our community making it a better place to visit and live.
How is Nickelodeon Suites Resort helping BIG?
- Nickelodeon Suites Resort has donated 132 lbs of soap and 70 lbs. shampoo and counting!
Clean the World is a non-profit charity organization that collects and recycles the partially used soap from hotels, resorts and others sources to donate to impoverished people around the world. By providing soap to those that need it most, Clean the World helps prevent the spread of disease and saves lives. To learn more, visit www.cleantheworld.org
Florida Green Lodging
- The Nickelodeon Suites Resort was recognized by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection with a Green Lodging Certification for environmentally friendly hotel practices.
Nickelodeon Suites Resort achieved its green lodging status by using reusable dining items, encouraging the reuse of bath towels and linens, establishing a volunteer green committee, reimbursing employees for public bus passes and installing energy-efficient lighting throughout the property. Since 2004, the Florida Green Lodging Program has set conservational guidelines for the hospitality industry. The state also recommends designated properties like Nick Hotel to companies and trade organizations seeking environmentally conscious lodging and facilities. For more information, visit www.dep.state.fl.us/greenlodging/.
Give Kids The World
- Nickelodeon Suites Resorts characters visit the GKTW Village every Tuesday to help fulfill the wishes of children with life-threatening illnesses.
- Every holiday season, Nickelodeon Suites Resorts team members decorate a Villa for the visiting families to enjoy.
Give Kids The World is a non-profit organization that exists only to fulfill the wishes of all children with life-threatening illnesses and their families from around the world to experience a memorable, joyful, cost-free visit to the Central Florida attractions, and to enjoy the magic of Give Kids The World Village for as long as there is a need. For more information, visit www.gktw.org.
Miami Children’s Hospital
- Nickelodeon Suites Resort partnered with Miami Children’s Hospital Foundation to host 17 kids who survived the Haiti earthquake.
Miami Children’s Hospital Foundation (MCHF) is a non-profit organization whose sole mission is to create awareness and generate funds for Miami Children’s Hospital (MCH), the only licensed specialty hospital in South Florida exclusively for children. For more information, visit www.mchf.org.
Any Soldier Inc
- Nickelodeon Suites Resort raised $1,149 for Any Soldier Inc. and collected more than 100 postcards from guests to send to soldiers overseas in 2009.
Any Soldier Inc. helps nearly 100,000 American soldiers in all branches of the military, both active duty and reservists, and has become one of the leading efforts in making sure the men and women who have been deployed for the war are cared for, via letters and packages from home. For more information, visit www.anysoldier.com.
National Fallen Firefighters Foundation
- Nickelodeon Suites Resort donated $1,319.86 for the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation in 2010.
Congress created the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation to lead a nationwide effort to honor America’s fallen firefighters. Since 1992, the non-profit Foundation has developed and expanded programs that fulfill that mandate. Their mission is to honor and remember Americas fallen fire heroes and to provide resources to assist their survivors in rebuilding their lives. For more information, visit http://www.firehero.org/.For more about our Hero Appreciation program, please visit www.nickhotel.com/hero.
- Nickelodeon Suites Resort raised $6,460 in 2009
The Florida Education Foundation promotes and supports academic excellence for pre-kindergarten through 12th grade students in Florida. The Foundation recognizes outstanding teachers and educational contributors, develops strategic alliances with business organizations and advances statewide educational initiatives. For more information, visit www.floridaeducationfoundation.org.
Partner in Education
- Nickelodeon Suites Resort was named 2009-2010 Partner in Education of the Year from West Creek Elementary School.